venerdì 9 marzo 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's



 Today I want to talk about a "fashion icon" of the '60s that for elegance and sophistication has remained an icon to this days. The big success of Audrey Hepburn became with Breakfast at Tiffany's based on the novel by Truman Capote. At 50 years after the film the timeless charm of the actress, became an icon of beauty and styleIn a letter to his aunt, Capote admitted that he had originally picked Marilyn Monroe to play the part of Holly because he truly adored Marilyn but for the producer, Audrey Hepburn may have been more aesthetically appropieted, in fact Hepburn's character as Holly Golightly is considered among her best performances, and gained her an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. Hepburn's costumes, designed by legendary designers Edith Head and Givenchy, had an immediate and profound influence on both 1960s couture style and popular women's fashion. To this day, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is singled out as one of the greatest achievements in costume design, and Hepburn's image as Holly Golightly remains synonymous with elegant, minimalist style; as Audrey Hepburn said in an interview after the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s in 1961: "I was nothing like her, but I felt I could 'act' Holly. I knew the part would be a challenge, but I wanted it anyway. I always wonder if I risked enough on that one. I should have been a little more outrageous. But at the time, as a new mother, I was about as wild as I could be. If only I were a Method player, huh? But the fact is, I didn't really believe in The Method. I believed in good casting. And I'm still not sure about Holly and me..."
Audrey Hepburn.





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento